Quality Construction Products in Virginia
Founded in 1991 as a GMS company greenfield, Commonwealth Building Materials has grown steadily through mergers, acquisitions, and purposeful relationship building. For 30 years, Commonwealth has helped Virginia builders, contractors, construction professionals, home builders, homeowners, and renovators excel at their jobs.
Today, 150+ employees work hard every day to maintain and strengthen the reputation Commonwealth Building Materials has built as the largest provider of the best construction products in Virginia.
Our dedicated team serves residential and commercial construction customers from seven conveniently placed yard locations across Virginia:
Charlottesville | Harrisonburg | Lynchburg | Norfolk | Richmond (Glen Allen) | Roanoke | South Richmond (Chester) | Williamsburg
Customer satisfaction, with a “safety-first” approach, is our priority at Commonwealth Building Materials, Inc. Our commitment to you extends through a range of services, including:
- Specialty product orders
- Expert advice
- Commercial construction delivery
- Residential construction delivery
- After-hours and weekend deliveries
- Safety/site reviews
- Showrooms and customer pickups
- State-of-the-art fleet capabilities
We generally deliver within a ~100 mile radius of our yard locations, subject to traffic and other considerations.
- Our Drywall inventory includes regular and specialty drywall products; fire-rated drywall; Type-X drywall, moisture and mold-resistant drywall; impact-resistant drywall; shaft liner and other drywall accessories.
- Steel Framing
- Our Steel inventory includes variable lengths and multiple gauges of steel; steel studs; steel framing and other steel products and accessories.
- Acoustical Ceilings
- Our Acoustical inventory includes acoustical panels; acoustical grids; and other products and accessories for acoustical ceilings.
- Additional Products
- Other quality building products available at Commonwealth Building Materials include: Access doors, insulation, EIFS, joint treatments, fasteners, firestop products and other construction accessories.