Quality Construction Products in Illinois
Founded in 2007 by a small band of entrepreneurs determined to offer exceptional building materials in Aurora, IL, Professional Handling & Distribution (PHD) came into being just as the U.S. housing crisis loomed. Through dedication, teamwork and grit, PHD became one of the few construction supply companies in Chicagoland to survive the recession. 2016 brought an even greater dividend for all their hard work, as PHD joined the GMS family of companies, resulting in a lean, scrappy organization focused on local success, backed by the resources of a national industry leader.
Today, this small but growing family of employees work hard every day to maintain and strengthen the reputation Professional Handling and Distribution has built as a trusted provider of the best construction products in Illinois.
Our dedicated team serves residential and commercial construction customers from our Chicagoland building supply yard in Aurora, IL.
Customer satisfaction, with a “safety-first” approach, is our priority at Professional Handling and Distribution. Our commitment to you extends through a range of services, including:
- Specialty product orders
- Expert advice
- Commercial construction delivery
- Residential construction delivery
- Safety/site reviews
- Showrooms and customer pickups
- State-of-the-art fleet capabilities
We generally deliver within a ~50 mile radius of our yard, subject to traffic and other considerations.
- Regular and specialty drywall products; fire-rated drywall; Type-X drywall, moisture and mold-resistant drywall; impact-resistant drywall; shaft liner and other drywall accessories.
- Variable lengths and multiple gauges of steel; steel studs; steel framing and other steel products and accessories.
- Acoustical panels; acoustical grids; and other products and accessories for acoustical ceilings.
- Additional Products
- Other quality building products available at PHD include: Joint treatments and finishes, insulation and other construction accessories.