Quality Construction Products in Michigan
In 1965, Bob Ryan, Inc. opened to serve the local building products and construction materials needs in Michigan. A change of ownership in the 1980s brought a name change to Ryan Building Materials, and a focus on building on the solid foundation and relationships with which the Ryan name has become synonymous. Weathering the recession of 2008 without laying off a single team member, Ryan Building Materials became part of the GMS family of companies in 2016 and continues to grow through a dedication to people, products and service.
Today, 50+ employees work hard every day to maintain and strengthen the reputation Ryan Building Materials has developed as a trusted provider of the best construction products in southeast Michigan.
Our dedicated team serves residential and commercial construction customers from four building supply yards in Michigan:
Clarkston | Harrison Township | Southfield | Troy
Customer satisfaction, with a “safety-first” approach, is our priority at Ryan Building Materials. Our commitment to you extends through a range of services, including:
- Specialty product orders
- Expert advice
- Commercial construction delivery
- Residential construction delivery
- After-hours and weekend deliveries
- Safety/site reviews
- Showrooms and customer pickups
- State-of-the-art fleet capabilities
We generally deliver within a ~100 mile radius of our yard locations, subject to traffic and other considerations.
- Regular and specialty drywall products; fire-rated drywall; Type-X drywall, moisture and mold-resistant drywall; impact-resistant drywall; shaft liner and other drywall accessories.
- Variable lengths and multiple gauges of steel; steel studs; steel framing and other steel products and accessories.
- Acoustical panels; acoustical grids; and other products and accessories for acoustical ceilings.
- Additional Products
- Other quality building products available at Ryan Building Materials include: Insulation, joint treatments, hand and power tools, fire-treated lumber, safety equipment and other construction accessories.